JLo has made her own way to stardom working extremely hard. Latin diva grew up in the Bronx and ins spite of not having much, she totally managed to get where 'waiting for tonight' singer wanted to get. Keep reading and read what she has sometime said!
1. 'You really have that power to make your life whatever you want it to be.'
Let's face it, if JLo could with no support from her family whatsoever, and coming from the Bronx with Puerto Rican blood, everybody can!
2. 'People underestimate me. They always have, and maybe that's for the best. It's fun to prove them wrong.'
'Waiting for tonight' singer has always tried to go a bit further away with things she could. A-Rod's wife-to-be has covered almost all fields within Hollywood: she is a dancer, a singer, an actress, a designer, a producer, a writer, and the list continues.
3. 'You've got to love yourself first. You've got to be OK on your own before you can be OK with somebody else. You've got to value yourself and know that you're worth everything.'
That something very true she learned before writing her book 'True love'. Before you can love a person, you have to love yourself.
4. 'Always follow your heart. Sometimes it's gonna hurt, but you're going to be fine.'
We all know 'Let's get loud' singer has been married on three occasions, and sometimes the marriages didn't go as she thought they were going to; however, she has always been driven by her heart.
5. 'Mistakes are not what define you. What defines you is what you do after your mistakes and how you learn what is meant to be learned from those moments.'
People learn from their mistakes and, according to the Hollywood diva they are what make you who you are, since you will never be where you are had you not made those errors.
6. 'Latinos feel very connected to where they're from. There's something that runs inside your blood that makes you who you are, that gives you that fire, that gives you that passion . . . it's a real thing, it's a real drive.'
The girl from the Bronx has always explained and repeatedly said although being an American citizen she has Puerto Rican blood running from her veins. 'Jenny from the block' is super proud about her roots, and she feels Latinos have a passion not seen in any kind of people.
7. 'If in your mind you can do it, you can do it. You cannot doubt yourself. Doubt is a killer. You just have to know who you are and what you stand for.'
According to Jennifer Lopez, if you believe it can happen, it will happen. You rule your own world.