Can you see yourself and your best friends sailing across the Mediterranean or Caribbean with other 40 boats next to you for a week? Then the Yacht Week floating festival is for you! This is the ultimate vacation for people under 50 that’s been a success worldwide. Yaay reporter Charles Lorenz was there and tells you everything you need to know about this experience in the following video.
How does it work?
- Step 1: Destination: You can go to the beautiful islands of Croatia, Greece, Montenegro or the Caribbean!
- Step 2: Choose a full yacht or a cabin for 2 people. There are different types of sailboats!
- Step 3: Pick up the crew. You can go alone, with 10 friends or just with one.
- There is a crew finder in the web page where you can meet people that also want to go to book an entire boat according to your interests and age. You can also choose whether you want a skipper/captain that takes you so you don't need to sail with hangover and also a host that cooks healthy, delicious meals and cleans for you the entire week!
- Every day, you will sail to a different island and you will have tailored events exclusive for the Yacht Week holidaymakers.
- From visiting caves to Hawaiian parties, there is everything you can imagine.
- You will sleep in the boat and you can choose to cook there or to go outside.
- 2 days you will anchor with the other boats in different shapes and you will jump from boat to boat meeting new people and dancing with the group’s DJ in charge of the music.