Probiotics are live microorganisms that have a lot of health benefits. They are found in both supplements and fermented foods like yogurt, fermented soybeans, kefir and tempeh. They are an important component in your race against gaining weight. How? Check the following video and read our conclusions!
How do they affect weight?
Some probiotics can inhibit the absorption of dietary fat. In other words, you get fewer calories from the foods in your diet. They also help release the hormone of satiety, called GLP-1, which causes you to have less appetite. Increased levels of this hormone can help you burn calories and fat.
Here are some probiotic foods you can add to your diet:
1. Yogurt, but be sure it contains active or live cultures.
2. Kefir, bacteria that has fermented in milk.
3. Sauerkraut, cabbage cut very thin that has been fermented by lactic acid bacteria. It's also rich in fiber and vitamins.
4. Tempeh, fermented soybeans. It's high in proteins and even contains vitamin B12 which is found in animal products.
5. Kombucha, fermented black or green tea.
These are just a few, there are many more. But can always choose to take a probiotic supplement as well.