We are playing myth busters and want to tell you the truth about several urban health legends that you probably heard from your mom or someone else. Check out this video to see the complete list!
- From getting sick to your eyesight, this list has everything you've heard on the streets, at school or university.
1. Don't swallow gum or it'll stick to your stomach. FALSE. The digestive tract can't break down gum but it still completes the journey
2. Carrots are good for your eyes. FALSE. The myth is based on a series of stories published during World War II
3. If you go outside with wet hair you'll get sick. FALSE. There is no proven link between being cold and getting a cold
4. Sugar before bed will make you hyperactive. FALSE. Study shows that there is no difference with kids who don't have sugar
5. Sitting too close to the TV is bad for your eyes. FALSE. Children focus better up close compared to adults, without affecting their eyesight
What other things did your mom tell you?