Beyond its wide use in cooking, cinnamon has been a major ingredient since ancient times for its curative properties. It is also included in major detox diets. Check out the incredible health benefits below of this spice that comes from the island of Sri Lanka, south from India.
1) Aromatic properties: the smell is used in the cleaning and personal care industry.
2) Rich source of magnesium, iron, calcium, fiber, and vitamins.
3) Effective in treating diarrhea, indigestion and bloating.
4) Relieves respiratory symptoms by clearing the airways.
5) Helps to lose weight by increasing fat burning. In addition, it has antioxidants that slow down the natural process of deterioration of cells.
6) Drinking a cinnamon infusion helps control bad cholesterol levels in the blood and also regulates the level of glucose in it.
7) Regular consumption of cinnamon improves digestion and eliminates flatulence and gases.
Check out the following Tasty video if you want to learn how to make homemade cinnammon rolls: