Spanish is the second language in the United States and their stars already entered the entertainment and sports world decades ago. With social media, they gathered millions of fans and dollars from sponsorship deals. Check them out to see who are the most popular!
1. Lionel Messi. The Argentinian, born in the city of Rosario, has a staggering amount of 161 million Instagram followers and a net worth of $500 million. He plays since he was a child in the Football Club Barcelona, in Spain.
2. Neymar Junior. Messi’s former teammate is now the most important player in Paris Saint Germain.
He shares with his 140 million followers his life between Europe and Brazil, where he has a mansion with everything including pool, volleyball court and even a helicopter parking.
3. Shakira. The Colombian singer behind the hit "My hips don't lie" and "Waka-Waka" was born in the city of Barranquilla, like her colleague actress and model Sofia Vergara.
She has 67 million followers and is married to Gerard Piqué, the soccer player from Football Club Barcelona.
4. Maluma. The "Pretty Boy", also from Colombia, lives in Miami where he shares his luxury life with his 52 million followers.
He is known for his songs "Chantaje", "Felices los 4" and "Vente Pa´Ca".
5. Camila Cabello. The Cuban-American singer rose to fame while being a member of the female group Fifth Harmony, but got even more famous (50 million followers) with her solo hits "Havana" and "Señorita".