A focus of representation for the Spanish-speaking community is surely important. Latin artists performed at the VMA's 2020 and it was unforgettable. From Colombians Maluma and JBalvin to the legendary Daddy Yankee and the star from the moment Bad Bunny, they rocked the stage! Check out more below!
For a fact that Latin music has trespassed the limitation of language and country borders. They are gaining more and more listeners and the fans from the MTV VMAs were no exception.
Most of the Caribbean singers are based in Miami, the Latin paradise in the United States. The incredible weather, beaches and culture mix make it a great place for entertainment and musical creativity. Jennifer Lopez and Ricky Martin are already the "grandpa's" for the new generation that has been rocking the charts for a couple of years now.
The nominees for 'Best Latin' this year were the following:
• Anuel AA (featuring Daddy Yankee, Ozuna, Karol G and J Balvin) – "China"
• Bad Bunny – "Yo Perreo Sola"
• Maluma (featuring J Balvin) – "Qué Pena"
• J Balvin – "Amarillo"
• Black Eyed Peas (featuring Ozuna and J. Rey Soul) – "Mamacita"
• Karol G (featuring Nicki Minaj) – "Tusa"