Elton John, is pretty much an open book, but here are a few hidden facts. Check out the video!
1. In 1962, John and some friends formed Bluesology.The name Elton John is a combination of his bandmates in Bluesology, the saxophonist Elton Dean and vocalist Long John Baldry.
2. He met his writing partner, Bernie Taupin through an ad published by Liberty Records. They first met in 1967, and recorded the first Elton John/Bernie Taupin song, "Scarecrow".
3. He has collaborated with many hip hop artists such as Eminem and Kanye West.
4. He has 2 children with his husband David Furnish, a former advertising executive turned filmmaker, with whom he has been in a relationship since 1993. They got married in 2014.
5. From 1976 to 1987 heowned Watford F.C., and then again from 1997 to 2002. Now he is honorary life president of the club.
6. He is godfather to several celebrity kids such as Elizabeth Hurley's son Damian.
7. He was married to a woman, his close friend and sound engineer, Renate Blauel. But it wasn't the first time the songwriter was involved with a woman romantically. He had been engaged to his secretary Linda Woodrow who at the time provided financial assistance to John and Taupin. John ended the engagement 2 weeks before their wedding. Later in 2020 John helped pay for Woodrow's medical fees, when she requested. They hadn't been in touch for over 50 years.
Elton John later went on to marry Blauel in 1984, and today 30 years after their amicable divorce Blauel claims the musician is violating their agreement. Read more on the subject in the article below.