Prince Harry and Meghan Markle started dating in 2016 and the former actress turned out to be Google's most searched actress that year. Their relationship evolved very quickly. There were speculations about their relationship back then and still are now. Check out the video below for more insight.
The couple has been under a magnifying glass for quite some time. Many speculations have been made about their relationship and the following are just a few things that has made people talk.
- She was dating someone else at the time, Canadian chef Cory Vitiello. As soon as they broke Markle started making frequent flights to London.
- The couple got engaged really fast. People speculated about their engagement only a year and a half after they started dating.
- Markle quit acting for Harry. E! News revealed in 2017 that the actress was quitting TV series Suits after seven years. Not only was she quitting the series but acting in general.
- After the official announcement of their relationship Markle launched her clothing line for Canadian department store Reitmans. It obviously sold out! Markle who was also an ambassador for the brand ended her relationship with Reitmans despite being offered a lot of money.
- She shut down her website The Tig in April 2017 after almost three years. Fans saw this as yet another thing Markle was abandoning to be with Prince Harry.
- Markle's half sister, Samantha said Meghan was a shallow social climber not fit for royalty. They have been estranged since 2008 and Samantha says Hollywood has changed her.
In January upon their decision to move to L.A. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex posted on Instagram the following message: