The Buckingham Palace is the official residence of British Royals. The rules one must follow in there aren't the normal ones around the world, but pretty special. Check out what people need to learn before meeting the Queen.
1. You can't ever touch her. Only the first handshake, what it now forbidden due to health reasons. This rule comes from the Middle Age, where peasants thought Kings and Queens were God descendants.
2. Bring a gift. Every person who visits the Queen give her flowers, or if a foreign authority is visiting, they bring something representative from their country. Over the years she received stuff like one elephant from Cameroon, a bag of salt and a pair of cowboy boots (from the US of course).
3. Bow. For British folks it's an obligation to bow a little before shaking hands. In case she doesn't reach out, just smile and bow your head.
4. Talk after she says so. She commands the conversation and chooses when to start and when to end it. If she is tired, she makes secret signals that mean she wants to go and her butlers take her away.
5. Never call her Elizabeth. "Her Majesty" and "Madam" are ok, but you can't ever call her Elizabeth or Lilibeth.