The English actor gained popular recognition for his role as serial killer Patrick Bateman in the 2000 film American Psycho. Find out some of the actor's hidden facts below!
1. His mother Jenny was a circus performer.
2. His first acting role was in 1982 in a commercial for fabric softener Lenor. The brand still exists and has launched a new scent in Germany.
3. In 1983, he starred as a child rock star in Pac-Man cereal commercial.
4. His sister Louise Bale is a director and actress. She acted and produced the 2003 short film The Death of Batman.
5. He met his wife Sibi Blažić through Winona Ryder. She was Ryder's personal assistant. Blažić is a Serbian-American former model and make-up artist and the couple married in 2000.
6. He performed all Batman stunts himself.
7. He lost 63 pounds for his role in “The Machinist". The extreme weight loss affected Bale.