Grey's Anatomy premiered in 2005 on ABC and nobody anticipated its success. If you're wondering why the actress would leave the show, take a look at the video and find out more interesting facts about the '27 dresses' actress.
1. She started as a child model after an aunt sent photos to some agencies and her first TV spot was for Cheerios cereal.
2. She starred in the series Roswell from 1999 to 2002, for which she received nominations for Saturn and Teen Choice Awards. 2019 marked the 20th anniversary of the show. Heigl posted on her Instagram recalling how fans helped save the shoe from being cancelled TWICE!
3. In 2005, she was cast for Grey’s Anatomy, her highest-profile role to date.
4. She regrets talking about her unsatisfaction with her role in the show. This eventually got her written off.
5. She was named the Most Desirable Woman of 2008
6. She met her husband Josh Kelley after starring in one of his video clips titled Only You.
7. The couple has 3 children. The 2 eldest are adopted.