The actress, gained a whole new respect with Quentin Tarantino's film Kill Bill. Get to know everything about the private life of the Hollywood diva in the video below!
1. She was raised as a Buddhist. Her father, Robert Thurman was a professor of Buddhist studies, and he was the first American to be ordained as a Buddhist Monk by the 14th Dalai Lama himself.
2. She worked as a model and her mother, Nena von Schlebrügge, was a model as well. Nena now is the Managing Director of Menla Mountain Retreat, a secluded valley in the heart of the Catskill mountains in New York.
3. She turned down the role of Éowyn in the 'Lord of the Rings' trilogy. “One of the worst decisions I ever made.”
4. In 2018, she started paperwork for her Swedish citizenship, hoping to move there soon.
5. She filmed scenes for Oliver Stone’s 2012 movie 'Savages' but all her scenes were cut out. Thurman played Blake Lively's mother.
6. She was married to Gary Oldman for 2 years. They met during the movie 'State of Grace'
7. In 'Kill Bill' Tarantino insisted Uma do her own driving stunts, which ended in a car crash. She suffered permanent injuries. “Dehumanization to the point of death.” said Thurman
SSee what she said about working with director Quentin Tarantino in that movie!