The Hollywood star is the first Black woman to ever win Best Actress at the Academy Awards. She has been acting for over 30 years, check out the most impressive facts in her life.
1. Halle Berry's birth name was Maria Halle Berry, but shortly after her parents split when she was 4-years-old she started referring herself as Halle. The name is derived from a department store in her bithplace Cleveland, Ohio, Halle's Department Store.
2. In the 1980s Berry won several crowns in beauty pageants and she became the first African-American participant in the international Miss World competition. She represented the United States in 1986.
3. Berry started her career in acting while still doing some modeling work. When filming the series Livind Dolls, Berry started to feel unwell and went into a coma for a week. That was when she discovered that she had Type 1 diabetes.
4. She was a model for Revlon during 7 years from 1996 to 2003. In 2004 she renewed he modeling contract for several more years. In the 90s the aspiring actress achieved worldwide recognition through her roles in films such as Spike Lee’s Jungle Fever (1991) and as Eddie Murphy’s love interest in Boomerang (1992).
5. The actress has injured herself repeatedly in her films. While on the set for the Bond movie Die Another Day, the actress' life was put at risk many times. In one scene a piece of debris from a smoke grenade flew into her eye and during an intimate scene, she almost choked on a fig. Then in the 2003 thriller Gothika, her co-star Robert Downey Jr. twisted Berry’s arm too hard, causing it to break. And in again in 2019 during the filming of a fight sequences in John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum. The actress fractured three ribs.
For more interesting facts on the actress check out the video.