Cameron Diaz was at the top of her acting career when she decided to quietly walk away from the spotlight. Check out some of the most interesting facts about the blonde bombshell before and after she quit Hollywood.
Cameron Diaz was born in San Diego, California. Her mother has English, Scotish, Irish, and German roots, and her father is Cuban with Spanish heritage. She started off her career as a model signing with Elite Model Management while still in high school. But here are some surprising facts about the bombshell:
1. In 1994 when she was cast for The Mask, opposite actor Jim Carrey, she had absolutely NO acting experience! That's right Cameron, took acting lessons after landing her role as Tina Carlyle. Diaz took one-hour coaching sessions twice a week with coach John Kirby and it all paid off.
2. The former actress had been cast in the 1995 film adaptation of Mortal Combat, but she had to step down from the role because she broke her wrist training for the movie. Producer Lauri Apelian said in 2015: "She broke her wrist right before shooting to the point where she couldn't do the martial arts stunts we needed. We were very happy with Bridgette [Wilson]. It was great she was available."
3. She experienced with botox once but regretted it immediately she said she would rather age naturally than look at a face that didn't belong to her.
4. In 2015 Cameron married musician Benji Madden from Good Charlotte after only 17 days of engagement. And in January 2020 they had their first child, baby girl named Raddix.
5. Recently in 2020 she launched her line of wine Avaline, co-founded with Katherine Power. The line is labeled as clean wine and offers a plant-based and cruelty-free product made with organic and clean ingredients.
More on Cameron Diaz and why she left Hollywood: